Q3 Technologies developed a Smartphone solution for a European Airline company to help their customers with airline reservations and flight status update.
Q3 global sourcing model gives the maximum benefit to customers in terms of cost savings, improved quality, access to highly talented professionals, flexibility of operations and reduced time to market.
The Client is an airline company based in Europe. It is a European airline, which operates domestic scheduled passenger services and regular charter flights within Europe and outside Europe to Kazakhstan and the United Arab Emirates.
The Client needed an application for the iPhone and BlackBerry devices that encapsulated all the required functionalities for making flight reservations, check-in, seat selection and purchases. The main features required in the application were:
- Request the flight times based on departure and arrival airports
- Specify the date of travel for flights selected
- View all the flights available
- Select the desired flight and select the seat
- Purchase a ticket and make a reservation
- Make payment online
- If payment is successful, save the flight date and time to the handset's calendar
- Search for a reservation using a PNR (Passenger Name Record) number
- Provide a mobile check- in after searching for a reservation
- Alert user one hour before the flight
- Live updates on flight status
- Providing a button that will be put in the application so that when the user clicks the button, it will call the call center of the company.
Some of the challenges faced during the project are enlisted below:
- Engaging and intuitive user interface
- The IPhone and BlackBerry SDKs are loaded with native controls but those controls didn't suit the UI requirements. Therefore, a number of controls were customized by Q3 for providing the desired look, feel and functionality of the application.