Q3 Technologies developed a Web-based application for a leading educational organization.
Q3 global sourcing model gives the maximum benefit to customers in terms of cost savings, improved quality, access to highly talented professionals, flexibility of operations and reduced time to market.
The Client is a leading skills and talent development organization that offers learning solutions and services for corporations, institutions, and individuals. It also provides multi-disciplinary learning management and training delivery solutions over 40 countries. It mainly deals in the following businesses across the globe:
- Corporate Learning
- Skills and Career Learning
- School Learning
The Client wanted to transform the manual process of creating an educational program at different locations by different people and then, collating them in order to make one program. This process was time consuming and not efficient, as often entered details were inaccurate. Therefore, the Client required an application that allowed a user to create the entire program step by step at a single online location. Also, the Client wanted to develop a web-based management system for managing the complete program life cycle with the help of Product Information System (PIS) and to provide the access of central repository to the prospective students. Also, this web based solution was required to implement a search functionality where the existing students can search the programs offered by the Client and made it accessible to them for retrieving the analytics or reports, which helped them in taking critical decisions.
Some of the challenges faced during the project are enlisted below:
- The application required to be run in a connected and disconnected environment.
- Response time of the application needed to be less than 3 seconds for 1000 concurrent users. Therefore, it was required to increase the response time of the application.
- A functionality for storing every activity of the students was required, when they use the mobile or web application.
- The application was integrated with other existing application, but the user interface (UI) had changed dynamically according to the parent application. This change of UI was required for the ease of the users.