Managing the sales and marketing activities such as managing outlets & dealers, collecting sales related data, managing support tickets and creating reports & dashboards was a daunting task for one of our clients. As part of an enterprise mobility based digital initiative, Q3 developed an android based Salesforce Automation solution to streamline these recurring activities for the client.
The client is the world’s largest manufacturer of mobile phones and consumer electronic goods. Being the trusted provider of consumer electronics, the client aspires to provide best-in-class digital experiences to its consumers all over the world.
The electronic products industry is the most flourishing and extremely diversified sector consisting of manufacturers, suppliers, dealers, retailers, electrical engineers, electricians, electronic equipment manufacturers, and trade unions. This sector has been growing at a rapid pace with the invention of innovative technologies and an ever-increasing customer inclination towards electronic goods and services.
Flexibility is the watchword for these companies as diverse manufacturing technologies and global consumer demand trends continue to drive radical changes in how products are designed, built and brought to market. Foreign collaborations and mergers are on a rise. A new wave of industrialization is throwing up several business opportunities for electrical and electronics market to further its market. Applications for this industry should address all such needs in the right manner being fast, flexible, intelligent, centralized, and highly responsive.
In this respect, inclusion of functionalities as well as support and maintenance rendered by Q3 for the client exactly meets this need.
The client required an effective way for its sales team to be able to record day to day activities including attendance, geo-tagging, audits at retailer & distributor locations, retrieval of outlet details, carry out sales & marketing activities and surveys. The client also wanted a robust solution to ensure the proper storage and re-transmission of chat-messages and data in case the internet connectivity is lost. The expectation was also to:
- Identify a common graphical product for rendering statistical data on multiple platforms (Android, iPhone, Desktop, Mac).
- Achieve minimal data exchange by implementing caching and time-stamping.
- Integrate with the organizations contact directory for real-time SMS, chat, and calling facility between employees.
The client had evaluated several market leading Sales Automation solutions including from Oracle, Salesforce.com etc., but did not find them suitable for their unique set of requirements at the given price point.
The mobile app allows tracking of sales and inventory, view various statuses, latest prices lists, indents and order placements, account statements etc. It also has very rich user dashboards for reports and user profiling.
Complete Mobile Sales Force Automation app: Our team of business analysts, solutions architects and technical experts addressed the requirements by developing a complete mobile sales force automation app.
Automatic detection of dealer locations: The application makes extensive use of a smartphone’s inherent capabilities for Geo tagging etc., so that the closest dealer outlets are automatically flashed on the application through the Google Map. Based on the available outlet information, the sales person is able to pick the dealer’s location and conduct all their normal sales and marketing activities.
Handling Offline Capability: To mitigate the challenges of offline capability, external data integrations and rich UI/UX, Android and iOS application was developed using native development platform. Telerik Kendo UI was used as UI Framework to expedite development process.
Master Data Management: This application maintains all master data and exposing connectors/interfaces to provide data to other system. The application also stores and syncs data using web services, SSIS packages and database procedures in scheduled manner.
Offline caching: Our professionals also industrialized a pattern to showcase the results and push the data to the server through the GPRS connection. The application was also equipped with an offline caching capability by using SQLite as the database. REST web services were used in combination with JSON method to fetch and display all the data from the database into the application.
The prime functionalities of the mobile application for Samsung are as follows:
1. Field Force Tracking
- Security and Authentication – Authentication system to ensure secure access to the application.
- Offline Access – Offline access available and all data can be synced when connected to the internet.
- Working Status – To mark attendance in office or field working or any other activity for the day. This keeps record for the number of days worked.
- Employee Time Tracking – Automated capturing of employee work timings to provide insights into absenteeism or late comings etc.
- HRMS Integration – Integration ability with any HRMS system.
- Store Coverage Creation – Ability to specify the list of outlets to be covered for a working day/ days, taking into account planned holidays etc.
- Journey Plan Approval – Planning of beat/journey plan for the day. Supervisors to approve or reject the journey plan, and ability for users to create the beat themselves
2. Sales Tracking
- Flexible ordering system – Ability to Create, View, Modify and Delete the orders online as booked by retailers or partners.
- View historical sales – Understand sales patterns better so that you can anticipate and respond to future demand more easily.
- Store Manager Relationship – Interaction sessions with store managers to check on the current relationship.
- Store Strength – Fill out the staff strength of the store for a comparative analysis among all brands.
- Payment Collection – Track collections to ensure timely payments to maintain cash flow.
- Payment Options – Wide range of payment options including cash, cheque, DD etc.
3. Competition Tracking
- Counter Share – Determine & record the share of different brands in the store.
- Does the layout of the counter work?
- Are the shelves fully stocked?
- Is overcrowding an issue during the showroom’s busiest hours?
- Are complementary products displayed together/nearby?
Display Share – Analysis of the products of other brands available for sales.
4. Audits and Surveys
- VM Quality Check – Merchandising material quality checklist to ensure customers’ motivation towards making a purchase.
- Store Hygiene Audit – Check the pricing of the available products in the market and ensure no arbitrage
- POSM Audit
Manage store critical areas like:
- Is there enough promotional material? Is it up to date?
- Do the branding elements deliver as required?
- Is the material displayed appropriately?
- BI Audit
5. Interactive Dashboard and Reports
- Summary Level Reports – Summary reports return your data with subtotals and other summary-level information. Display reports like Attendance, Collection, Competition and Order Booking reports.
- Custom Reports – Reports to give you access to the data your organization has accumulated over time, enabling you to make informed decisions.
- Interactive Dashboard – Dashboards help you visually understand changing business conditions so you can make decisions based on the real-time data gathered with reports.